[Ansteorra] BOD seeks consultation concerning the issue of a possible mem...

J.G. Bretz (Beatrice di Palermo) b3zsgirl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 14:16:27 PST 2002

I sent in my board comments, but actually, the BOD makes a point in
proposition number four, which is increase membership.  I know that we
sometimes let that renewal sit around the house too long, or think...well I
am not an officer right now, so no big deal if I am a member.  Many of us
think, as long as I have internet access I don't need a Black Star.  As long
as I am on the on-line lists I will know what is going on.  Wrong! And
yes...I have been guilty of this over the years myself.

Many of us owe this organization a lot.  Many of us met, our spouses here,
and for some of us it made us the people we are today.  If you have been
letting your membership laps, think about doing your renewal.  Show your
newcomers that membership is important.   Make it more important with
membership discounts at events, like they are doing for gulf war.
Membership is only $2.76 a month.  You can barely get a hamburger for that
anymore.  I know that some of us cannot afford this, but I know of several
people with lapsed memberships, that easily can.

Perhaps if we all choose to do our part,  we won't be asked to comment on
rate increases again.

Beatrice
HL Beatrice Palazzolo di Palermo
Seer to the nobility since 1492