[Ansteorra] Light fighting armor help!

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 2 16:04:54 PST 2002

At 10:29 AM 1/2/02 -0600, you wrote:
>--
>Ok in the Museum Replicas Limited, or www.museumreplicas.com, they have
rapier clothing.  Vest runs $69, Shirt runs $49, Pants runs $39.  As for
weapons that I'll have to hunt around my old catologs to find them.
Hopefully this prices might be a little more reasonable.  Aurore

AAGGHH!!! NO! NO! *Don't* buy the Museum Replicas stuff.

First, it's not SCA-legal. Second, it's not particularly period-looking.
Third, up until a year or so ago they claimed that it *was* SCA-legal, even
after being told that it wasn't, and being asked nicely to stop (I think
the Society Marshal had to threaten to sue them to make them stop their
deceptive advertising.)

I'd far rather see someone in a Triplette doublet than wasting their money
on that MR stuff. At least Triplette is willing to work with the SCA.
Alternatively, post a query to the Rialto or wait until Gulf War and go
shopping for doublet-merchants.

	-Tivar Moondragon
		Ansteorra