[Ansteorra] sewing trim help

Delphina Champeaux lady_rapier at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 11:42:25 PST 2002

If the trim is on the bias (meaning that it will give
a little when pulled) it's eaiser to put it on the
curves.

Most ribbon trim is not so I take a little running
stitch on the inside of the curve so that the trim
fits the neck line (or arm...) and then force the
outside to lay as flat as possible.  Lots of ironing
helps too.  There will be a pucker but with the
running (gathering) stich it will be even. Hope that
this helps.

Delphina