[Ansteorra] Medieval Frescoes coming to Lubbock

Mercedes de Cerdanya steldr at home.net
Tue Jan 15 12:13:20 PST 2002

Please forgive me if this has been posted before.  In my latest issue of
AAA's Home & Away magazine there is an article discussing the Vatican
Museums' exhibition called "Traditions and Renewal:  Medieval Frescoes from
the Vatican Museums" which will be at the Museum of Texas Tech University in
June and July.  The article is light on details like dates and addresses and
the web-site has not been updated for 2002 yet but it does say that the
exhibit is 31 12th century frescoes discovered in 1528 that have never been
displayed publicly before.  Lubbock is apparently the only stop for the
exhibit.  They are also showing early hispanic religious items as well as a
letter from Christopher Cloumbus to Isabella and correspondence from other
explorers of the new world.

 http://www.ttu.edu/~museum/exhibits.html

Mercedes
Baroness Northkeep