[Ansteorra] Regarding the Pre-war Booklets Mix Up

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Thu Jan 17 09:28:11 PST 2002

Regarding the mix up in pre-war booklets: Some people who have
pre-registered received other people's booklets (most commonly other people
with the same last name). Some people who have not yet registered, but did
pre-register last year got booklets because last year's database got merged
with this years.

Some people who have or have not pre-registered got someone else's books who
may or may not have pre-registered (I think I got a booklet for Bill
Clinton).

The bottom line is that there is no rhyme or reason as to who got booklets
and who didn't. The thing that is certain (aside from not getting a check
from Bill Gates), is that if you have not pre-registered you are not on the
pre-registration roles!

	***So if you didn't pre-register and you got a booklet, you still
need to pre-register!***

Finally, yeah, I ran out of pain meds some time back, but I've been getting
these great pills on the black market called "Plahceebos". Man, what a
rush...

Pendaran

One more thing....

I thought that I had NOT registered for the war.  Then I got a booklet with
my
address and another person's name.  I know that these were big mix up.  Will
you
clarify the following:  Did the mix-up include sending people who were NOT
preregistered, booklets with a different name on it?  Or just that names
were
messed on people who DID pre-register?

I believe that it's the former...but want to make sure.

Also...I thought that you had finished up your regimen of pain
medication...but
maybe not...  ;)

Isobel

Brian Martin wrote:

> --
>         Greetings All,
>
>         Today is January 17th, there are exactly two weeks left to
> pre-register for Gulf War. If you have not pre-registered, please do so
> immediately!
>
>         If you don't pre-register, you can't reserve land! It will cost
you
> more money! Your pets will hate you and no one at work will talk to you!
Its
> been scientifically proven that people who pre-register are considered
more
> attractive by the opposite sex. Those who pre-register for Gulf Wars make,
> on average, 73% more annually than those who do not, so pre-register now
and
> receive a huge raise!* If you pre-register now, the odds of gorgeous super
> models or hunky actors showing up at your door step are 99% better than if
> you were dead! (Its my rough estimate that models and actors prefer the
> company of living SCA members who have pre-registered for Gulf War 2 to 1
> over dead people.) You want to meet Brad Pitt and Claudia Schiffer don't
> you? Then pre-register for Gulf War!** Best of all, if you pre-register
for
> the war,
> I personally assure you that Bill Gates will send you a check for one
> million dollars!!!! *** Finally, if you pre-register for the war, I'll
stop
> bothering you about it!! This is an offer that you simply can't beat! ****
> (Offer void were prohibited, batteries not included, please drink
> responsibly.)
>
>         Thank you,
>         Pendaran Glamorgan,
>         Baron of Bryn Gwlad (the barony hates it when I tell people that
but
> its true)
>         Knight of Ansteorra (at least until the Crown reads this post)
>         Lion of Ansteorra (believe it or not)
>         Gulf War Liaison (I was the only one who didn't take a step back
> when they called for volunteers)
>
> *Warning: Neither the Crown and Kingdom of Ansteorra, the SCA or the
people
> running Gulf War XI support the lunatic claims made by the over eager
> liaison. Please don't believe that you will receive a pay raise by
> pre-registering for war. But you should pre-register anyway because it is
> the right and decent thing to do. President W wants you to do it, Uncle
Sam