[Ansteorra] woad question...

'pug@pug.net' pug at pug.net
Fri Jan 25 10:40:47 PST 2002

I am forwarding this for a friend. Please help her out. You can reach
her directly via email at RFarr at inovant.com.
-Pug

----- Forwarded message from "Farr, Rebecca" <RFarr at inovant.com> -----

From: "Farr, Rebecca" <RFarr at inovant.com>
To: "'pug at pug.net'" <pug at pug.net>
Subject: woad question...
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:28:32 -0800

Hi Pug,

I want to try dyeing with woad.  Ronnie reminded me that you might know
where I could get some since you are active in SCA and it's a natural dye
that was used back in midieval times to dye cloth blue.  Also, I think the
picts were named because they painted themselves with woad.  I would
appreciate any info you might have on people in Austin who are into dyeing
cloth, growing plants for dye, etc.

I've net surfed about it, and can order it, etc., but I'd love to talk to
someone in town who is already doing it if possible.

Thanks,

Rebecca

----- End forwarded message -----