[Ansteorra] Newbies Posts

Shana Hardy Shana.Hardy at tsrh.org
Mon Jan 7 09:21:34 PST 2002

To THL Stefan li Rous,

Thank you for the update and specifics. One of the first things I had done when asked to be Acting Hospitaler was to acess the Florilegium and I found a great deal of very good and useful information.  I learned a long time ago that this is an excellent resource for anything you can think of in the SCA.

Lady Tangwystl
>>> mark.s.harris at motorola.com 01/07/02 10:52AM >>>
Lady Tangwystl said:
> I was overjoyed to see all the posts related to this subject and appreciate everyone's perspectives.  I have recently become the acting hospitaler for Elfsea and love the extra enthusiasm and drive this has sparked to go into the new year.  There were many expressions of exactly how I feel; especially regarding the notion that everyone is a hospitaler in some fashion.  I'm very much looking forward to putting many of your thoughts and practices into use.
<<<<<<<<<

As a new hospitalier you might be interested in this file in the
NEWCOMERS section of the Florilegium:
Chatelaines-art   (12K) 11/24/00    The care and feeding of newcomers by
                                       THLady Rayne Moyra O'Ciaragain
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Chatelaine-art.html

Or this message file:
newcomers-msg     (38K)  9/19/01    How to make newcomers to your group.
                                       confortable. Integrating
newcomers.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/newcomers-msg.html

I will be updating this file with some of the recent suggestions from
here, as well.

There are also some files in this section that I like to direct
newcomers to such as:
4-newcomers-msg   (28K)  2/20/01    Comments directed at SCA newcomers.
courtesy-msg      (32K)  1/19/96    Courtesy guidelines in the SCA and
period.
                                       Hand-kissing and bowing.
names-FAQ         (14K)  5/ 8/96    Choosing and registering names in
the SCA.
SCA-courtesy-art  (14K)  5/22/96    Courtesy guidelines by Ioseph of
Locksley.
SCA-courts-nc-msg (21K)  5/30/01    Comments and about SCA Courts for
newcomers.
SCA-intro-art     (20K)  2/21/00    "Life in the Current Middle Ages",
                                       An Introduction to the SCA.
SCA-Personas-art  (16K)  6/ 9/01    "On Choosing a Name and a Persona; A
Quick
                                        and Dirty Guide" by Ld. Daniel
Raoul Le
                                        Vascon du Navarreí.