[Ansteorra] marriage and registered persona names

Merlaine ni Saille merlainenisaille at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:50:12 PST 2002

Greeting to my cousins in fair Ansteorra!

In all the kingdoms I have ever been in, the taking of the name of the
spouse (male or female) has always been person preference. I know several
who have kept their persona name, as well as those who have merged their
name with their mate, and others who became Lady (if awarded arms) _______
(fill in the blank). Please don't ask me to quote documentation, as I don't
know. I'm just telling of my observations.

Merlaine ni Saille
born in Ansteorra,
"found" in Atlantia
now of Æthelmearc