[Ansteorra] Order of the Arcus Majoris

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Mon Jan 21 22:35:40 PST 2002

> From: Paul or Galen <baron at elfsea.net>
>
> For those interested, I'd like to share my thoughts and some
> background on the genesis of the order.

Indeed, a gap that very much needed filling.

I am curious, however, about one thing. Was there any effort to see if
any other kingdom had organized an order like this one? I know that is
not typical practice in the SCA, but one of the coolest things about the
White Scarf is that it is now shared by so many kingdoms. Finding a
foreign brother across a sword or over a pint is a wonderful experience,
as I am sure you know as a knight.

I know looking to other kingdoms is not normally a consideration when
we create a new award, but perhaps we should consider this when
next we need such an award.

Dore