[Ansteorra] Branch Champions responsibilities and privileges

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Wed Jan 23 07:29:07 PST 2002

I think one of the best privileges is getting to associate with the Baroness
and the Baron.  I have made some wonderful friends due to being champion.

I think the responsibilities include anything positive you can think to do
for the group.  I think people are well aware that the champion will stand
through court.  I think it is also nice if the champion can try to make a
fighter practice in the area to share his skills through teaching.  A
champion can serve as a gopher, run small errands.

Another possibility which has been mentioned is participating in next years
championship.  Some groups like you to plan it.  Others don't ask that you
plan it, but like to use the previous champion as the bye.  Whatever their
traditions run to, that's the job.

Something that was mentioned as a privilege, but is also a stout
responsibility is keeping track of the pass down regalia.  If you get enough
of it, it can be hard to keep track of.

Hawkins