[Ansteorra] Branch Champions responsibilities and privileges

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Wed Jan 23 06:58:08 PST 2002

As both a landed baron and the current titled bard of another barony, I have
opinions on both sides of the question. As the Baron and Baroness of Bryn
Gwlad, Jehanne and I have arranged to have our champions, artisan and bard
attend Bryn Gwlad events free during their tenure. In return we simply ask
that they wait on us, hand and foot, feed us peeled grapes and bring us wine
and song. Oops, sorry, slipped off into fantasy land for a minute. We
honestly don't ask a great deal of our champions. We do like to process into
court with our champions because it makes for a nice show. We do like to
have our bard entertain us, especially at BG events but we've found that we
rarely have to ask them to do so - they tend to volunteer. (Performers like
to perform so it doesn't take a lot of arm twisting.) We do ask the outgoing
bard and artisan to help run and/or  judge the competition to determine
their successors. It hasn't occurred to us to ask the artisan to make
something to add to our baronial regalia, but I rather like the idea and may
steal it. :-)

As the titled bard of Loch Sollier, I have promised my dear cousins Ulstead
and Cateau that I will perform for them any time that they ask so long as
we're at the same event. (Alas, doing Shakespeare over the phone just
doesn't work.) I have also promised to come back to the Loch at least once
before my tenure is up and perform and teach (if time and event schedule
allows). I have also promised to help run and or judge the competition to
determine my successor if they desire that help.

Pendaran