[Ansteorra] Branch Champions responsibilities and privileges

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Thu Jan 24 07:19:06 PST 2002

 It was quite funny, but illustrates the point of "How do
you serve two masters"?  How can you, in essence by entering the lists for a
Barony, say I will be your Champion and Guardian to protect the Barony
against all who might stand against it--and then a couple months later say,
well, I can't really do that this weekend.....let see...how about next
Friday? I really have this engagement with Barony X to protect them this
weekend.  <<grin>>

I would study William Marshal's example. It was fairly common in period for
a person to hold land in fief from more than one liege lord.
Pendaran