[Ansteorra] Laurels Prize Tourney date

mike young uther at lcc.net
Thu Jul 4 06:06:01 PDT 2002

Well, considering we are one of the groups looking for a place to hold this
event, regardless of when it is, I certainly hope this is a discussion that
comes to a conclusion pretty quickly:)

But as an artisan I will tell you that it has been important to me to have a
place to show my work and KNOW I would receive expert feedback in my field.
It's different when the point isn't to WIN like at the Gulf War competition,
but to LEARN.

I like to think I'm pretty flexible and if the Laurels wanted to announce to
all the artisans to show up at, say, Crown Tourney with all their projects
to receive feedback, I'd certainly do that, but I know as a judge that it is
much easier to do justice to a piece under the controlled conditions you
find only at an inside event.

Just my 2 cents.
Gwyenth