[Ansteorra] Laurels Prize Tourney date

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Wed Jul 3 17:33:04 PDT 2002

> Sir Burke
> If TRH's wants to change the dates... so be it... however it creates many
> difficulties in the Kingdom Calendar and the available dates for the local
> groups to have events.  Not to mention it won't be a law until it
> appears in black and white in the September issue of the Black Star.  Who
> benefits from this?

Perhaps, milady, Their *Highnesses* benefit from this. Perhaps They cannot
attend in the normal time-frame, and (since it's just slightly important
that the reigning Crown attend a Crown Tourney), They changed the date for
this one time. (and gave the Kingdom the courtesy of notifying us all as
soon as possible.)

However, to put it bluntly, it doesn't matter. Article 1, Section 1, Items 1
& 2 make the "discussion" (gripe, complaint, bellyache, whine) moot.

Their Highnesses (soon to be Majesties) desire to change the schedule. Their
Highnesses will benefit from it. Kingdom Law makes the change permissible,
and Corpura does not gainsay it.

For good or ill:
We don't have a Curia.
We don't need to "ratify" our Crown's decisions.
Why? Because we are Ansteorrans.
(and that's good enough for me...)

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond