[Ansteorra] Availability of Shiner beer

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 7 08:44:35 PDT 2002

>Go to www.shiner.com and look at where to get it. They
>actually sell Shiner outside of Texas. Maybe somewhere
>near you.
>
>Eirik

Actually, this (like the SCA) was a joke that went too far.
What happened was that a Mistress of the Laurel I know here
mentioned that she didn't like Shiner. This inspired me to
chastise her on the Aten list. At the end of my post I said
something like "Hello, I'm Gunthar and I'm a Shiner drinker".
This inspired someone to tell me that they could come up with
a 12-step program to help me. That led to the soapbox that has
now gone quite a ways in the SCA from what I have heard.

I can actually get Shiner at a grocery store just down the
street and I'm rarely without the rejuvenating nectar.

But it's a lot of fun to tweak the poor Atenveldters.

Thanks for the great times and offers of help!

Yers,

Gunthar