[Ansteorra] Fw: Fabric deal

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 18 18:53:53 PDT 2002

Sorry for the messy presentation; if you go to the website in question, you get a clear version AND photos.  Unfortunately, they don't seem to have an online catalog.  I'm told that at any time, mention of the SCA gets you a 10% discount.

 > Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 3:12 PM
  > Subject:  Awesome Fabric Deal
  >
  > > General announcement
  > > Greenberg & Hammer, one of New York's oldest notions and dressmaker
  shops,
  > > serving the theatre community for more than 60 years, both nationally
  and
  > > internationally, is showcasing the Coronation and Last Court gowns from
  the
  > > first reign of Isabella & Andreas, as well as one male outfit from the
  > > courtiers, in their window at 24 West 57th Street, in New York City, the
  > > heart of haute couture.  These garments were created by Her Highness
  > > Isabella of York (Coronation), her apprentices, Lord Angus the Tailor
  (Last
  > > Court), Lady Jacqueline Helene de Loisel (Male Courtier), as well as the
  > > help of other folks who assisted in some of the details to bring them to
  > > fruition.  The window is a spectacular presentation of the passion of
  Her
  > > Highness for  the Society for Creative Anachronism as well as other
  ventures
  > > in that same vein.
  > > In continued support of the textile arts & sciences and by permission of
  > > Greenberg & Hammer, Her Highness has garnered a 20% discount for all
  orders
  > > over $50, 15% discount for all orders under $50 and free shipping on all
  > > orders over $100, with proof of SCA membership (or simply mentioning
  this
  > > announcement).  This offer is good until September 30, 2002.  Greenberg
  &
  > > Hammer is for the serious costumer as well as the newcomers to the
  medium of
  > > expression, having an enormous inventory of all types of  boning,
  muslin,
  > > buttons, embroidery flosses in silk, cotton & wool, professional irons,
  > > steamers, millinery, linings, interfacings, scissors, notions, etc.
  Call
  www.greenberg-hammer.com.
  > > When in New York City, take time to visit them and, if before the end of
  > > September, enjoy the window.  It is a testament to the Society.  Please
  pass
  > > this announcement to all lists SCA-wide.  Greenberg will be displaying
  > > pictures of  the costumes on their website as well.

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                      ---= Thomas Paine