[Ansteorra] Re: The Game, Awards and Thank You's, etc.

CLASS016 at aol.com CLASS016 at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 07:36:10 PDT 2002

Greetings All,

I have been playing this game for less than a year and what I have discovered is that who we are in our mundane world carriers over into the SCA world.  If you take the time to care for, teach and help others, that is what you bring to the game.  If you play political/social games, you bring that to the game.  Thus is created a virtual society which is probably very similar to medieval society -- those who serve, those who participate, those who neysay, those who say thank you, those with political aspiration, those who give and those who take.

I have been very fortunate to play with those of the Barony of Namron, who have given me a place to learn with talented teachers.  The fighters in Northkeep welcomed a female fighter and made me feel a part of the game before I had met those of Namron.  Most all the people I have encountered have been kind and generous souls including people such as (titles excluded because I don't know them) Susan the Curious, Ulfie and Myleah, Bear and Katheryn, Duncan and Larissa, Aethelston and Claryce, Magnus and Tribe, Gilli, Talon and Jacques, Orion and Bella, Beaux, Alton and company, Katherine at Weeping Unicorn, and the list goes on and on.

For those who have ever shown me a slight, I am sadden by what I will not learn from them but am gladdened that what I did learn from them ... not to be them.  The awards I have seen given I happily yell vivat for because of the time and effort that person has given to this virtual game.  Awards are similar to Christmas gifts like Gilli said -- and when someone openly says they are working towards an honor, it doesn't bother me because I remember making my Christmas list out and asking for a horse ... didn't get it (thank goodness), but didn't seem to hurt to write it down either!

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who work diligently behind the sceens, for all those who hold offices and do the paperwork, for all those who teach, for all those who work to better the game -- THANK YOU!!!  My life is richer and fuller because of the good friends I have made this last year.

Sincerely,
Bianca Sereni
Lady to Lord Magnus Strongaxe
Student to Sir William the Bear and Master Aethelstan
Titled Archer of Namron
Heavy Fighter