[Ansteorra] Awards and Manners Was--> Things to think about....

lanphier taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Thu Jul 25 17:27:08 PDT 2002

> Curstaidh

I agree we should say Thank You. One of the things I love about my
husband, Duke Jonathan. is he often goes to the Kitchen and thanks the
cooks for the feast.

One of the reasons that a lot of people don't say thank you is that they
don't want to appear pushy. There are all these nobles and peers around
and it seems they should be talking for us. In the old days they did. Now
everyone wants everyone to be just good old guys. Everybody equal. There
isn't anyone to take the first step. There is something arrogant about
standing up in public and thanking someone. We need people to remind
people to thank people. We need people to arrange situations that aren't
awkward.

I would like to thank you and your children for your work.

Duchess Willow de Wisp