[Ansteorra] Re: Botolf's "Death Chile"

Cameron Lewis okrabbit at cox.net
Fri Jul 26 23:41:20 PDT 2002

As I have only been to Pennsic one time I am not a great scholar on the subject of Chile night, However I am a GREAT SCHOLAR ON EATING.  It is one of my main hobbies and it is something I love to do quite often.  I have noticed that mostly Oklahomans and Texans like food so hot it kills things.  Most of the folks that go to eat at a feast dont want to have to go to the hospital to sit in a bowl of ice afterwards.  My advice to you is to be kind to the gentler folks that go to Pennsic for a week of FUN.  If you want to make some Botolf's "Death Chile" you might take it to the "Strawberry surprise" party, they would love it and get a big kick out of it I am sure.  The best Chilie I have ever had at an event was a nice medium very flavorful Chile that Master Rosario made at GW one year.  He also roasted habanero and chilie and jalapeno peppers and had cheese and onions and other stuff for anyone to add that wanted to so everyone got to eat his chile and loved him dearly for being able to eat a few bowls (even his most recent majesty Patrick ate 2 bowls that night) and get full and not have a problem at the event later on.  Your Chile does sound nummy but you might not make a very big pot of it, the last time I saw "nuclear" chile made, VERY FEW bowls were eaten, most were thrown away, and the expensive leftovers were thrown out.

about 3 cents,
Alrek