[Ansteorra] Laurels Prize Tourney date

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Mon Jul 8 07:13:40 PDT 2002

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but since we just had a similar
situation with King's College, I think this fits. We recently had a King's
College in which the hosting group was chosen at the eleventh hour and had
to do things at the last minute. So my question is how did that event come
off? Was it a success or was it found lacking because of the circumstances?
If it was a success, then it seems reasonable to think that LPT can also be
done well providing the group that doe it can follow the lead of Namron (who
did King's College).

I have a second question and I hope that I don't anger too many people with
it, but it seems that we're having a difficult time with the logistics of
choosing where our kingdom wide artistic events are going to be held. I
mean, first King's College and now LPT seems to be having the same problem.
As an experienced event steward and a landed noble, I know how much lead
time it takes to secure a site, advertise and do all of the work that it
takes to host a successful event. As an artisan who enjoys displaying and
competing, I find it a little disconcerting that we seem to be having
problems in choosing groups to host these events. I'm not sure where the
problems lie - there doesn't seem to be a lack of groups submitting bids for
these events, so I'm not sure what the problem is and I therefore can't
offer a suggestion to help solve the problem. So after all of that, I guess
my question is what's up with getting these events chosen at the eleventh
hour? Is anyone looking into this?

Sorry for rambling,
Pendaran