[Ansteorra] bidding events

mike young uther at lcc.net
Tue Jul 9 07:08:59 PDT 2002

With all the conversation about LPT, I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about event bids in general.  Kingdom events seem to be the problem.  I can't see making decisions about Coronations until Crown Prince/Princess are chosen.  Crown Tourney's rotate from region to region and there doesn't seem to be too much of a problem finding a group in each region to host.  I know there was a pretty involved discussion on the list not too long ago about events that have to piggy-back so to speak such as King's Lancer and Archer.
What about the Gulf War competition?
That was combined last year with BrynGwylad's Candlemas.  How did the artisans feel about that?
As for me, BrynGwylad is one of my favorite places to visit, and although I enjoyed myself last year, I thought adding the Gulf War Competition was just too much.
I think Gulf War's A&S is as important for us as LPT or King's College and should stand alone.
But then, we also don't have a place to volunteer to host it, so I can't say too much<G>
I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.
gwyneth