Clarification from the list admin (was Re: [Ansteorra] cowboys and muslims & new joke)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Jul 15 04:58:39 PDT 2002

Mitch Utsey (mutsey at redsword.com) said something that sounded like:
> Since the unsubscribe has not yet gone through, I'll respond to that
> statement:

I have assisted Dagon in getting off the list per his private request.

> That someone is so strongly chastised for something that all admit was
> "off topic" when other strings that are as far "off topic" go on ad
> nauseum (like many probably consider this) without a word being said,
> well, it just annoys me. I personally know how to use the filter on my
> mail server, and do so for strings that I have no interest in.

Just to let people know, as the list admin I will generally allow things
to go off topic for a short while before mentioning that we need to get
back on topic. When it comes to potentially hostile topics (such as
racial humor, personal attacks, etc) I will generally step in much
sooner and make a polite request to get back to a relevant topic. If
people do not comply or if it gets out of hand, I will then moderate the
list for a short while in order to let tempers cool off.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."