[Ansteorra] Just a question

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Thu Jul 18 11:20:25 PDT 2002

On 18 Jul 2002 at 6:55, C. L. Ward wrote:

> >So can a barron/ess of the Court
> >conduct ... "Court" at events?
>
> Certainly.  Any noble can.

Actually, anyone the Crown designates as their representative can
do so. I have heard of cases where that person held only an AoA
and, in theory, even that is not necessary. Remember, they are not
speaking with their own authority but instead are conveying the will
of the Crown.

I have advocated making greater use of the Royal family and
former landed B&Bs for such duties as they have experience
holding court and there are plenty of little groups who seldom see
the Crown. Although I am only a Court Baron I was honored with a
request from the Crown to do this duty for an Ansteorran shire. It
is an educational and humbling experience. :-)

Baron Christian Dore