[Ansteorra] Why 5 Vivats

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Mon Jul 22 15:23:42 PDT 2002

Ohh, goody....blame Modius! (dancing around, pointing a finger "Nyah, Nyah,
Nyah-Nyah, Nyah!)
Actually, Mo-mo... You're the only one I've ever heard use more than three
(including British Heraldry... I've watched films of the British
Coronation...)

> Now here's a question, should we give the acknowledgements to a visiting
> crown in their own Kingdom's standard, ie Huzzahs, vee-waatts, etc?

I think it depends on the situation; I've done both. For me, it depended on
which one (I thought) would mean more to those being honored. I actually saw
an Outlander being honored with an Ansteorran award (in Ansteorran Court)
shiver when the herald (me) called out "Hip-hip!" (thank ghod the populace
twigged! LOL)

Honoring a foriegn Royal in Ansteorran court would (in my opinion) almost
always use our accolade. (They have a whole Kingdom to yell "Huzzah", but
how often do they hear "Vivat"?)

IMHO, YMMV, M-O-U-S-E.

Alden