[Ansteorra] Re: Non-member surcharge

Ron Brooks rbrooks at xit.net
Thu Jul 25 08:14:20 PDT 2002

Here is my point of view on this matter. I don't have a problem with non
members attending the events and *not* paying a surcharge, just really
admission fee.

However, isn't there always a however :-), *only*  paid  members get to
participate in the fighting, heavy, light, boffer. Only the paid members
get to enter knife axe and spear, archery, A and S, Bardic. I suppose it
comes down to pay to play. I think that you should even have to be a paid
member to be authorized.

Come on now, if you are so broke you can't dig up the yearly membership
fee you had better not even come to events with an admission charge and
buy groceries.

The way we have it set up now you get the TI and the right to hold office
for being a member. All of the event information in the Black Star can be
gathered off of this list and the Kingdom Calendar and because of last
minute changes is often more accurate.

Because of real life problems you can't be a paid member, come on out to
fighter practice and such, *that* you can do. Come to A and S work shops,
even War Practice, but no contests.

Bjorn Lochlannac