Non-member surcharge (Was Re: [Ansteorra] BoD meeting)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jul 25 09:48:08 PDT 2002

Galen W. Bevel (galenbv at ix.netcom.com) said something that sounded like:
> I don't read it quite that way.  I don't see anywhere that they are saying
> that non-members can't help, or that we need to check cards or anything to
> prevent them from doing so.  What it says is that if you are not a member,
> you will not be protected by the societies insurance for any damage your
> actions may cause.

Yes, but there is only one way to keep track of who did what tasks and
if they were a member - that being to keep an audit trail. Check
their membership and have them sign up on a roster. This only impacts
non-members (just like roster waivers at FP/Events) supposedly, so if you
have a blue card you don't have to be kept track of, but if you are not a
member we need to keep the audit trail in order to cover the corporation.

Without an audit trail we get several months down the road and people
start asking questions about an event where damage was found by the site
owner after the fact. What answers do we get without this? "Gee. I think
it was Bob", "It was someone in a red outfit", etc...

Ciao,