Non-member surcharge (Was Re: [Ansteorra] BoD meeting)

Ron Brooks rbrooks at xit.net
Thu Jul 25 14:16:48 PDT 2002

So why bother to even have memberships. Just have X amount of dollars added onto
all gate fees. If  you want to get the TI or Black Star it's separate. Membership
is a joke. Why have it.  No one needs it. The way we have it now, John and Jane
doe can go out and have an extra night of beer and pizza and then whine that they
can't afford membership in the SCA. i know, I know, some one is going to say "but
they deserve a night out" Well we all make choices, and I thought that the SCA
was supposed to be recreation, that means fun, right ? . If you a can't pay the
bill's, buy your kid's shoes, whatever. Don't play. I am dern tired of supporting
folks who want to blow their money and expect me to take up the slack for them in
helping to keep the local group membership up.

Once more either make it Pay to Play or do away with memberships entirely and
just cover insurance costs by a set amount from the gate fees.

Bjorn Lochlannac