[Ansteorra] SCA membership dues - another view

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Fri Jul 26 21:42:52 PDT 2002

At 02:26 PM 7/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:

><snip>
>
>it's definitely time to force "our emperor and the senate" to become
>more fiscally responsible with OUR money (by the by, did you note the
>$5000 for a replacement computer and virus removal listed later in
>teh document ... don't know about you, but it's been *many* years
>since i spent $5K for a business class computer and antivirus
>package.
>
>'wolf

Wolf,

I regularly write the specifications for computers at the state agency that
I work for.  And it is very common to spend $3,000 to $4,000 dollars on a
new computer system when you add in the cost of business software,
Databases, printers, and other necessary items.  Businesses usually
purchase a computer with the intent of its lasting 3 to 5 years with means
that you don't buy the el cheapo bargain basement version (like I do at
home).  Also if the listed anti virus removal includes an on site visit by
a computer technician that can run the price up very quickly.  Lastly, most
businesses ask for a budgeted allocation to allow them to shop around.  So
it is quite possible that the final cost will be lower that the amount
asked for.

Sir Burke