[Ansteorra] fighting w/o a marshal

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 12:44:53 PDT 2002

All rules to the side, I do not feel we should ever fight without a
marshal present. Here is why:
 I showed up to a in-the-park practise once upon a time and I was
having a blast. We grabbed a guy who we were training to marshal. I
felt a tap on my hand from my oponent and then one of those shots where
the whole world goes into slow motion. He had a clean shot coming in on
me. I was so far off line I had no chance of stoping the shot when the
hold was called. The tip of the broken blade was inches from me. Yes, I
had all the right armor and stuff, but the marshal saw the broken blade
and neither of us fighting had. So, in my opinion, the marshal saved me
a lot of pain.
 Marshals are there to see and notice the things the fighters can not
or did not. The authorized fighter is authorized to fight with a
marshal present, not authorized to fight whenever and where ever they
want.
 Well I will shut up for now.
your servant,
mahee