[Ansteorra] Pennsic

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 27 17:13:07 PDT 2002

Seraphinaa asked:
>     Does anyone have some good Pennsic URLs?  I know that there are more
> sites out there other than the official Pennsic site.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of Pennsic information you are looking for, but
there are a number of different Pennsic topics covered in the PENNSIC section of
the Florilegium:
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/idxpennsic.html

A few of these are:

Eatng-Pennsic-art (24K)  5/14/01    "Eating in (Period) Style at Pennsic" by
                                        Lord Bogdan de la Brasov, CW.
Fire-Book-art    (739K) 12/28/00    Baron Durr's Guide to Safe Fire Use.
   (I highly recommend that folks read this. In addition, he illustrations were
done by William Blackfox)

BP-Thingie-art    (38K)  9/30/94    Bart's Pennsic guidebook w. Estrella addm.

   (A good overview of camping at Pennsic)

P-history-msg     (86K)  2/ 6/02    Pennsic history.
Pennsic-water-msg  (5K)  7/27/01    Dealing with the Pennsic drinking water.
P-Food-Safety-art  (7K)  7/19/01    "Pennsic Food Safety" by Andrew MacRobb.

And lastly, for a bit of humor, read these:

P-stories-msg     (65K)  9/ 8/99    Pennsic stories.
P-tale-MWIFO-art  (23K)  8/26/96    Making Wrought Iron from Ore at Pennsic 24.

You might also want to look at the files in the SCA-CAMPING section:

http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/idxcamping.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net