[Ansteorra] Feast Preparation

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Sat Jul 27 19:23:19 PDT 2002

Well, maybe not so cool after all.

While § 437.007. Nonprofit Organizations Exempt states, A county or public
health district may not require a nonprofit organization to obtain a permit,
I don't see where we're exempt from other things.  Perhaps I just missed it,
could someone point that out to me.

Check out § 437.002. Enforcement of State Law by County or Public Health
District: A county or public health district may enforce state law and rules
adopted under state law concerning food service establishments, retail food
stores, mobile food units, and roadside food vendors.   This chapter does
not authorize a county or public health district to adopt orders
establishing standards for the operation of food service establishments,
retail food stores, mobile food units, or roadside food vendors.  That's in
the part I was talking about earlier.    Also see § 437.009. Inspections:
Authorized agents or employees of the department, a county, or a public
health district may enter the premises of a food service establishment,
retail food store, mobile food unit, roadside food vendor, or temporary food
service establishment under the department's, county's or district's
jurisdiction during normal operating hours to conduct inspections to
determine compliance with state law, rules adopted under state law, and
orders adopted by the department, county, or district.

And that temporary food service establishment is what will get us if it ever
happens.

We could probably get around the requirements of Chapter 438 because we're
not "employed".  But how are you going to know the rules if you don't go to
a class or study real hard, which you may have difficulty convincing an
inspector you did.  On the other hand, a card issued by the county let's him
know you at least at one time knew enough to pass the course.

But then why worry, we'll never get inspected, will we?  But that's just me.

Gilli