[Ansteorra] SCA membership dues - another view

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Sun Jul 28 18:30:37 PDT 2002

> basic problem here ... instead of looking outside for their solutions
> and paying high priced consultants and buying cadallac class machines
> (never read what the actual need for this machine was in the first
> place, or the specifications required to fill that need), they should
> learn frugality and looking *inward* to those in the rank-n-file who
> are willing to help out with the rather considerable collective skill
> base available.
>
> 'wolf

So we all have an understanding of what is involved, please fill us in 'wolf
on the complete specifications for the systems the Board ordered.  Obviously
you have information here that a majority of us do not have.  Was this only
for one system or a couple of systems on a network?  Did this include
printers, monitors, scanners, on-site support, and if so what types? Did
they require on ongoing service contract?  Was that service contract a
"ship" or "on-site" with same day, 24, 48 hour, or 7 day turn around?  What
software was included?  Anything outside the normal bundles that would have
to be purchased separately?  Did they deem it best to deal with a reputable
local company and pay a little more, or risk flying in a member with
computer skills who may not be there in 6 months when they have problems?
With that information we can make informed decisions.  With the strong
statements you have made, we all must conclude that you have all of this
information in front of you to be as vehement in your position.

If that is not the case, please take two aspirins because the level of
knee-jerk and hyperbole you tend to exhibit has got to be blowing out
cartilage.

Petruccio