[Ansteorra] Family costs --was 3$ surcharge

J.G. Bretz b3zsgirl at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 12:26:34 PDT 2002

> I think that there should be a family cap on events.  Do we also have an
> agreed upon age for charging for children at events?  To be quite honest,
> do not think we should charge for people under say 16 years old.  They are
> usually not really involved directly in what it happening (and yes, there
> are many notable and exceptional exceptions to that rule), but all in all
> they are just being kids.  Is this possibly something that can be
discussed
> and agreed upon on a Kingdom level?

That would be really great for most families, but I think under 12 is more
reasonable.  However, sometimes that is driven by the site more than the
group.  I have had sites say a head is a head whether it is 2 or 92.
Putting it in kingdom law could cause groups to eat site charges for
children that they may be charged.  I would hate to tell a group, especially
as small under funded one, that they would need to do that.

It is something a group may want to consider if they feel they are losing
families.

HL Biatrichi di Palermo
Seer to the nobility since 1492

Non essiri duci sinno tu mancianu, non essiri amaru sinno ti futanu

+