[Ansteorra] Children at Events

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Jul 29 14:30:05 PDT 2002

>Getting our children involved in events where they can be the center of
>attention for just a few moments could keep them interested in the SCA.
>Newcomers aren't the onlt ones who are our future...our children are too!
>
>Maria
>(aka Diane, Ryan and Paige's mom)

Vivat.  It is amazing being around those who have been raised under the
shelter of the dream.  A recent thread went round that told of the things
that HLy Dom's parents did and it sounded a delightful way to pass an
event.  There are many things happening now that include our youth and
create a very special place for them to grow up.

One of the things that drew me to the SCA in the first place was the fact
that people were treated as people, as opposed to being constantly
segregated off by outer markers.  People are drawn together by
commanalities and passions and these run strong.  Taking the time to find
others that share interests with you is a good way to make our society
stronger and offers our youth the thing that is so hard to find in our
larger society; being respected as a person, irreguardless of their age.

In service to the Dream

Susan the Curious
Kit and Peg's mom