[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord XXIX

kkcleek at netscape.net kkcleek at netscape.net
Mon Jun 3 07:05:59 PDT 2002

Greetings Unto The Populace of Ansteorra from the Steppes Warlord XXIX
Event Stewards,

We would like to take a moment of your time to provide our heartfelt
thanks to the following good gentles. We know that the list is long and
most likely incomplete, please bear with us.

Thank you to Their Excellencies Steppes for allowing us to autocrat this
wonderful event. A special thank you from Ly Liadan Bregh for your having
faith in a new autocrat and holding her responsible the entire way. Also
a special thank you to my co-steward Ly Margarite for having faith in me
and taking me by the hand.

Thank you to the populace of the Barony of the Steppes. You good gentles
truly awed us with your unending dedication and willingness to jump in
and help.

To the Steppes C&I Guild, especially Ly Chiard: The scrolls were
breathtaking, every year you seem to outdo yourselves.

To Mistress Isabelle Grace Hadleigh and HL Radegund of Tours: I continue
to receive thanks for the beautifully run A&S competition and kudos for
the classes; these are yours.

To Katya, PB Babe, and Maeva, List Babe in Training: Your adeptness at
handling the volume of fighters boggles the mind, your never fail to
surprise us.

To Seanan macTiernan for coming to our aid to run the Knife, Axe
and Spear competition.

To Viscount Alexander and Lady Donal for running the Youth Competitions:
The youth of Ansteorra are truly in great and caring hands.

To Maria from Elfsea for spearheading MoC: Thank you for coming to our
rescue at the last minute and filling this essential position.

To Mistress Ronna for providing us with coursing activities: The animals
are magnificent and poetry in motion.

To Aimee de Long Coeur for your expertise in all things equestrian: Once
again you have outdone yourself.

To Viscountess Katherine Mariana O'Malley and Anne the Spinster for
heading up the waterbearing activities: We would literally wither and
die without the help of your and your forces.

To Master Petruchio and HL Julianna Vertue for providing the lunches: I
am told that they were very well received and quite delicious.

To Ld Iames Lochlainn, Security Head, Seamus from Elfsea Security Deputy
and the entire security crew for keeping us safe and sound (with a
special thanks to the boys from Oklahoma for jumping in and assisting
with such zeal!).

To HL Alasdair MacEogan, Chirurgeon in Charge: for not only taking on
the responsibility of our welfare with such seriousness, but also taking
on an apprentice. Thank you as well to all the Chirurgeons who lent
their assistance.

To Ld David Falconer and Genevieve from Elfsea for manning a flawlessly
run gate.

To Elysia O'Malley and the team of heralds whose clear voices rang true.

To Ly Fionnuala for prize coordination: Once again, my lady, you have
outdone yourself!

To Philo Alexander for not only beautifully orchestrating the
merchanting but for also jumping in and helping with the hall when
Philip fell ill.

To HL Philip White for his beautiful job of decorating the hall.

To Ld Colin Crawford for the site tokens and that extra assistance
Saturday night.

To Ly Marguerie de Jauncourt and Mike Colqhoun for keeping the home
campfires burning and seeing that we were well fed and well taken care
of.

To Adrian Lochlainn, Dante Sansovino, Andre Sansovino and the youth
whose names I can't recall for setup, teardown and general help and
errand running.

To Don Robin of Gilwell for his words of wisdom to a new event steward.
Those words meant so much! It's wonderful to see you again.

To the Pirates for giving everyone a break from the day and a bit of
levity.

To the Ladies of Lindenwood for their pavilion and HL Gabrielle for the
newcomers pavilion: You provide a place of comfort, rest and
enlightenment.

Most importantly, to Padraig (Butch), whose assistance and willingness
to take charge of all things we could not, helped make this event what
it was.

Finally, to our lords, Iames and Alasdair, who have no idea how much
their help, words, and support meant (and mean) to us.

In service,
Ly Liadan Bregh
Ly Margarite McBridin
Steppes Warlord XXIX Event Stewards