[Ansteorra] Metalcasting and jewelry lists for SCA

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 12:19:49 PDT 2002

--- Rod Jackson <culn97 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In your post, you mentioned a "metalsmiths list."
> Would you please send me the URL for this list? I am
> very interested.

Well, I've already had two inquiries on the metalsmith lists...so I'll let
everyone know how to find them.   Actually, there are two of them.  Both are
on the 'Yahoo Groups' websites and are public lists.   Go to Yahoo.com, and
select 'Groups'.  Enter the name of the group and hit search. You can join
and become a member, get regular e-mails (single or digest form) or just
read the archives.

1.  'Metalcasting' - "To provide a forum for re-enactors interested in small
scale, home based, metal casting using those techniques in common practice
prior to 1600AD. While we undoubtably will touch on some modern casting
techniques, those methods are not the focus of this group. All levels of
expertise welcome."

2.  'Dunstan' - "The Company of Saint Dunstan in an unofficial guild in the
Kingdom of Meridies, in the Society for Anachronism. We study and teach the
metalworking arts, mostly related to jewelry but now expanding into some of
the other areas of metalworking as well. We teach hands on classes at
Meridian events. Current event planning includes Gulf Wars and Meridian
Kingdom A+S. Folks from all over the Known World are invited to join our
discussions."

If you join either list, be sure to introduce yourself.  Perhaps if there is
enough interest, we metalsmith/jewelers can put together a symposium of our
own in kingdom in the future.  :-)
Cheers, Hillary Greenslade