[Ansteorra] Guardian of the Tor Feast

mike young uther at lcc.net
Fri Jun 7 14:00:27 PDT 2002

>I am not sure how to address you since I am not familiar
>with you and do not know what your title is.

Heh. I usually go with the title "Big Dumb Gunthar".

We're not sure what to call him either:)

>So please be gentle with me.

I'm awful glad there's a delete key on this computer. I
had a great response to that. And common sense took over.

Good job, Gunthar...being King must have matured you(although I didn't
notice any grey in that cute head of curly hair last time I was you<G>)

>The first time I read your post a few feathers were ruffled,
>however I quickly smoothed them down.

>And I appreciate the suggestions on who to contact for
>period food. I always like to learn new things.

The people I mentioned, as well as several others that I
missed, are all good teachers, excellent cooks and passionate
about the cuisine. If there is anyone in your group really
interested in period cooking or just cooking and history in
general, they could join my email list SCA-Cooks. Information
on how to subscribe is on the Ansteorra web page.

Although I have had to unsubscribe to "cooks" it is a wonderful list and I
enjoyed it very much the several years I was on...I recomend it highly.

In answer to your other posting, I'm afraid I will be unable
to attend the Tor since I have left the fair lands of Ansteorra
for the desert that is Phoenix, AZ. Although if you ask around
maybe one or two people in your area has heard of me in passing.

Oh, the stories I could tell...like one time..at band camp...LOL

Sorry for the rediculous post, but I just couldn't control myself...must be
a side effect of all that "icky" food I've been eating...Ha<G>

gwyneth

>Thank you.
>Janie of Dragonsfire Tor

Yers,