[Ansteorra] OT: IT advice

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Mon Jun 17 03:42:40 PDT 2002

> So...it's a security issue and a 'speed' issue?
> What about if I have a cable modem?  I don't leave my PC on when
> I'm not home or asleep.  The only thing that seems to be slow
> down my 'system', if it even is slow (sca.org loads in less than
> 2 seconds!), are the silly 'blow 'em up, kill 'em all" games my
> son and stepson install and play online! *LOL*
>
> Also, it's my experience that IT persons, at least those where
> I'm working and a few other places I've 'heard tell of', don't
> like ANYONE having ANYTHING to do with any PC or system...why is this?
> I can't even put my ergonomically correct keyboard to use at
> work, even though my doctor said I should, because "IT" thinks
> it'll mess up the network...*sigh*
>
> Olivia

Obviously if you know better than the people giving you, advise you are more
than welcome to disregard it.  It would be considered bad form however to
ask their help in the future if you computer has problems.

Comet Cursor does contain client monitoring software which reports marketing
information back to Comet.  It also keeps track of online purchasing
information.  As far as networks go, it is not allowed by True Secure who is
one of the largest network security certification companies.  They certify
that your network is secure enough to handle credit information.

However, if none of these things pertain to you, please feel free to
continue to use the product.  Just don't deride those who give you the
information after you ask for it.

Petruccio

Pet.