[Ansteorra] more thanks

YsfaelEleanor at aol.com YsfaelEleanor at aol.com
Sun Jun 16 21:32:47 PDT 2002

Greetings All,
             I wish to confer my thanks to those daring souls who attended
the War College this past weekend.

             First off to Mr. Garriott for the permission to use his
wonderful castle and ship.  His generosity is simply stupendous.  Also, to HE
Mistress Jehanne for talking to him about my suggestion and so then for
giving me the opportunity to put on this non-event.  A heartfelt "Thank you"
also goes out to the people without whom I could not have put this event
together.  Sir Pendaran, thanks for your encouragement and suggestions.
Master Pug, thanks for the web site, and event announcement, the use of the
camera and the posting of pictures.  Duke Kien, thanks for the talk on
tactics and strategy.  Hrabia Jan, thanks for your words and timely
observations.  Earl Daffydd, thanks for the "glaive in melee" class.  Earl
Reynard, thanks for the greatsword class.  Master Iolo, thanks for helping
fix the crossbow you just helped me build.  Ld. Evets, thank you for
marshalling, and thanks for the siege equipment.  Then too, many thanks go
out to those who helped with the waterbearing and lunch.  Thanks go out to
(key) Connor, Ly. Myfanwy, Ly. Emeline, (who also took the mp3's), Ly.
Marisella, and HL Tabitha who, along with Mistress Gwyneth, also helped with
site clean-up.  And that, after Mistress Gwyneth fought all day!!!
             Also, thank you to the many fighters, including those from the
Central, Southern and Coastal regions, and of course Earl Daffyd from the
Northern region (who drove through from Lillies War) who came and played with
us. We have some mp3 video that will be posted (I hope) in the next week or
so of some of the battles.
             Finally, to my Lady Eleanor, those thanks I shall give
privately.(Evil grin)

             Grace and Peace,
                   Ysfael