[Ansteorra] historical questions

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Tue Jun 18 19:44:47 PDT 2002

> hello there,
> i'd like to find a listserv to post the following
> question.  Could you recommend which listserv?
>
> is there any historical data on what a nobleman
> would do when he came before the King and said
> "god save the king."  would he kneel, salute, etc?

Hmm..I have no historical/documented data on this...however...I do have a
couple of observations:

"God Save The ______" is not an expession of fealty, an oath, or a direct
address. It is a cheer; much like "God Bless America!" or "Play Ball!" ...As
such, it should be delivered on your feet, with as much enthusiasm as
possible. Oaths, declarations of fealty, and personal audiences should be
delivered/executed on one (or both) knees, because you are *directly*
addressing the Sovereign, and offering yourself to Their leadership (i.e.,
putting yourself "below" them.)
If there is any documentation to the contrary, I'd be very interested to see
it.

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Tempio, Ansteorra