[Ansteorra] Re: Chivalry Questions

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Jun 20 09:00:17 PDT 2002

Maria asked:
> Reading the interchange concerning chivalry and the codes
> pertaining to it has brought to my mind a most important
> question (for me) about the role and percieved nature of
> women in the chivalric ideals. . .  I would examine
> information concerning this topic and have no idea where to
> begin!  I would like also a female perspective of these
> ideals, but I know I can read Christine de Pisan (is that
> correct?) for that.

I',m afraid I'm not completely sure what kind of information
you are looking for. However, perhaps these files in the
CHIVALRY section of the Florilegium might be of use:
courtly-love-bib  (13K) 10/15/98    Bibliography on Courtly Love.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHIVALRY/courtly-love-bib.html
courtly-love-msg  (16K)  2/ 9/01    The history and concept of courtly love.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHIVALRY/courtly-love-msg.html
Rules-of-Love-art (10K)  5/13/02    "The Rules of Love" by Master Giles
                                       de Laval.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHIVALRY/Rules-of-Love-art.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net