[Ansteorra] demo question

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Sun Jun 30 12:44:36 PDT 2002

I am working on putting together a demo booklet as a contribution to my
office, my Barony and the Society as a whole.  This is something I have
looked for, but most of the information only contains a few examples of
what can be done.  One of the things I would like to do is pull from as
many sources as possible to give options of what can be done and a good
list of hard learned lessons. Each demo is unique but wisdom is gained
through analysis of the options available, through sharing our collective
experience, I hope to be able to provide a tool to allow for the local demo
directors to pull from strenth as opposed to recreating the wheel anew each
time.  Anything to help a demo director be able to best utilize our time an
energy in the demos we present would be greatly appreciated.

One of the current questions I am looking for is a simple description of
different ways to run the fighting part of the demonstration.  I have heard
reference to tournys in which the ladies picked the winner and that those
tended to have more flourish and magic to them.  I have also heard of a
tourny where the fighters fought to be the Champion of the Children and was
very interested in that.  Please send me different styles you have seen and
what their strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you so much in advance for this information and any other suggestions
you have on demos that you wish to send on and feel free to send this on to
anyone you think would like to assist.

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep