[Ansteorra] Membership

jaysmom jaysmom at swbell.net
Fri Mar 1 13:00:38 PST 2002

>    When I first started playing in the SCA I was told paid membership
would
>allow me to hold an office, receive Tournaments Illuminated, The Blackstar,
>and get discounts at some events.

another benefit - only paid members are included in the "official" count of
population for a group.

Example - your canton may want to become a shire and may have more than
enough people *playing* but if those players aren't paid members, you don't
meet the official membership requirement to become a shire.

Conversely - if you are a shire (or barony) and your paid membership numbers
drop below the minimum requirement - your group *could* be downgraded or
even disbanded!

regards,
Simone