[Ansteorra] canvas question

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Mar 6 14:38:24 PST 2002

Edric de Aldebury suggested:
> There is this stuff called camp dry. It comes in a spray can
> and works very well for waterproofing canvas or other
> fabrics. You can normally get it at
> wal-mart in the sporting goods section or at acadamy.

Have you used this for making canvas water repellant? This
very much sounds like the stuff I used on my cloak. Same
brand anyway - Camp Dry. However, it took a can or two on
my cloak. I believe it is closer to Scotch Guard than other
"waterproofing" techniques. The worst thing being that it
will wash out in a few seasons and you will need to apply
it again.

Someone else mentioned linseed oil and beeswax. I've been
concerned about this, as it sounds very much like making
a candle. With a large canvas wick. I have been told though,
when I remarked on this, that the result was not really that
flameable. So, take this as you will...

Stefan li Rous