[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra digest, Vol 1 #381 - 5 msgs

JHP random1 at airmail.net
Tue Mar 12 15:27:42 PST 2002

On 11 Mar 2002 at 12:04, 2 people wrote wrote:
<much snippage applied to messages>

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 4
> From: Ldyinnes at aol.com
> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:29:57 EST
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] re: New filk song
> --
> I remember Star Twinkle
>
> innes
>
> --__--__--

Ah, but do you remember it fondly or otherwise?  That, friend, is the truly important
question. <laughs>

> Message: 5
> From: "Formerly Known as Pop Tart Girl" <darcy at seacove.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] re: New filk song
> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:46:09 -0600
>
> > Eirik Olaffson
> > Shire...errr Barony... of Elfsea (tells you how long since I've actively
> played.)
> > House Moonstone
> > House Sirius
> > Maker of Star Twinkle.
> > (not that I think those names mean anything anymore after so long a
> time. )
>

> They mean something to me, Eirik.  As I am also a member of House Moonstone.
> Have you heard from Lady Thera in recent years?
>
> HL Darcy Evaline o Lasgwm
> formerly Darcy Evaline of Green Vale

That depends upon how you define "recent".  I ran into Ldy Thera about 7 years
ago.  I had stopped playing SCA sometime around 1988 and slowly lost contact with
most of the people I knew from the then Shire of Elfsea over the course of the next
couple of years.  Lady Thera, Lord Tedrick, Lord Stefen, Azura (sp?)...heck most all
of House Moonstone were the first to leave my circle of friends.  House Sirus
followed.  Time and Tide and busy lives the main reason.  In 1995 I was working a
dead end job and getting ready to move on when I saw someone from the past in
the break room: Lady Thera.  In the time since I'd stopped playing, she'd moved to
Lousianna, gotten married, started playing Ampguard instead of SCA and had
moved back to Texas into Arlington.  We got together a few times, but too much
time had passed and we'd grown in different ways, had different interests, and the
new friendship never took root.

Probably more information than you wanted, but there it is in a large nutshell.