[Ansteorra] Crown

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Mar 24 15:39:24 PST 2002

0zy Adams (ozyadams at hotmail.com) said something that sounded like:
> Their Majetisties watchful eye, noble ladies in inspirational attendance,
> perfect weather, beutiful lakeside site, intimate list feild.
> A band of Ansteorran brothers, heroes all, that could hav e stormed the
> gates of Asgard- three dukes, three counts, eight knights, four centurions,
> five squires.

  This is a very good description of the list. The site was truly
  beautiful with the lake, fountain, geese, ducks and Dukes. The 23
  entraints to this list proved themself well on this day. It was
  definitely an enjoyable Crown Tourney and the site helped make it so.

  I am also glad that those who entered seemed to truly enjoy themself
  and had a jovial and entertaining day for themself and those who came
  to see history in the making.

  The finals consisted of Duke Kein facing Jarl Timo followed by Duke Kein
  facing Duke Patrick Michael. Unfortunately Duke Kein was defeated by
  both of them. Jarl Timo and Duke Patrick Michael then faced off. Timo
  and Patrick Michael both lost a match to each other. In the third round
  Timo took Patrick Michael's leg and when asked to yield, the following
  words were exchanged *if* my memory is accurate. (As well, I'm not certain
  that I am not mixing up the third and fourth fights with some of the
  details.)

Patrick Michael  - Jarl Timo, if you wish to be a Duke you must defeat me.
Timotheus        - I do not wish to be a Duke. I wish to be a Hero.

  Timotheus choose then to get on his knees with his opponent to finish
  the fight. After a flurry of blows, Timotheus and Patrick Michael both
  fall to the other opponent. This means that after 3 matches we have a
  tie. Prior to the fourth match, His August Majesty Aaron light
  heartedly proclaims that if they should defeat each other in the same
  manner, that they would then switch to light gear. They then fight a
  fourth match and Duke Patrick Michael came out victoreous to became our
  newest Heir to the throne of Ansteorra.

  Two things that I haven't seen mentioned are the following:

- Randall der Krieger was announced for elevation to the Chivalry. I
  unfortunately don't know if the event was announced for it to occur at.

- Erasmus Totengraber was bestowed the King's Blade of Honor.

  Both of these men proved themself on this day. Randal was defeated by
  Jarl Timotheus. Erasmus was defeated by Duke Patrick Michael. Both of
  these defeats were in the semi-final round which preceeded the round
  robin finals.

  The semi-final round consisted of Randall and Timo, Erasmus and Patrick
  Michael, and Earl Daffyd and Duke Kein. Definitely a round to be
  remembered for the fighters and skill were outstanding.

Ciao,