[Ansteorra] Driving Time to Crown?

PKieferjr at aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Thu Mar 14 08:27:18 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/14/02 6:01:19 AM Central Standard Time,
humble_archer at hotmail.com writes:

> Come on Pug it can take 3 hours to just get from one side of Austin to the
> other.
> plachoya

I get off work right about the time that the afternoon "rush-hour" traffic
hits the streets.  I know some residential streets that can bypass some of
the traffic; however, depending on the direction, I'd spend about half- to a
full hour or so getting out of town.

Delorme's "Earthamaps" says that it's 291 miles westward through State Hwy 71
and US Hwy 87.  That's roughly a five-to-six hour trip, and the site says
it's 7 hours plus a minute. I've gone to Oklahoma City from where I live in
Manchaca in just under 7 hours...that's driving from the south end of Austin
to the north end by I-35, picking a time when traffic was lighter, so that
estimated time to Big Spring might be just a bit over, but not by much.

Lord Johann Kiefer Haydon          Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.
Halbard Pursuivant                      Taxman, nice guy, Longhorn and other
things.
Barony of Bryn Gwlad                 pkieferjr at aol.com
Kingdom of Ansteorra                 "A Smith-and-Wesson beats five aces."