[Ansteorra] Belated Congratulations

Robbin Long broinnfhionn at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 19:52:14 PST 2002

Unto the Competitors in this Past Order of the Rose Tournament at Gulf Wars
XI,

Due to organizational war foibles, the outcome and the scroll for the winner
of the Order of the Rose Tournament at this past Gulf Wars did not make it
into our possession in time for Great Court, and we were unable to announce
the winner, despite our best efforts to locate the scroll in time.  However,
we wish to offer our hearty congratulations to Sir Gideon MacLeod, who
honorably and skillfully represented Countess Margaret ny Connor, and
emerged victorious from a field of over 80 combattants.  Her Majesty of
Meridies, due to Meridian Court preparations, was unable to witness the
later rounds of the tournament, but was very impressed with the chivalry and
prowess displayed upon the field that day that she was able to witness.  She
wishes to extend her heartfelt thanks to all the Combattants that entered to
represent all the fine Ladies of the Rose - their inspiration was evident in
all who participated.

Again, we regret the omission, and wished to make known how greatly we
appreciated the participation and admired Sir Gideon's honorable victory.

Regards,

Radu and Broinnfhionn
Kiralya and BannRigh Meridies