[Ansteorra] Siege Weapons at Gulf War XI

Scarhart scarhart at chivalry.com
Wed Mar 20 05:56:13 PST 2002

I agree with Dore that more spotters would be helpful. The Coastal
ballistae were fairly efficient inside the castle and had good shot
coordination; the trebuchet was fun although we had trouble keeping
people out of the long sling path.

We had more difficulty with the latter during the assault on the castle,
actually, than the defense. That seems strange considering we had much
more room to work with. But too many fighters seemed unaware of the
engines at all.

On a final note, lobbing rocks at the enemy was cool (although not quite
as much fun for me as the charge into the gates!).

Cheers,

Andrew Scarhart