[Ansteorra] Siege Weapon rule change - heads up

Lawrence ldruiz at netzero.net
Sat Mar 23 10:43:33 PST 2002

This is a head's up notice for all siege engineers.  In our effort to
standardize all the missles in the society to make them easily recognizable
on the field, the color Yellow is going to be the new color for all siege
weapon projectiles.  This is a Society-wide change so that anyone can take
their siege weapon and use it at any war.  I am letting everyone know this
early so you have plenty of time to change your projectiles for next war.
This was my major goal when taking this office and I am glad that it is
finally being approved.

I was asked how do I make my bungeelista look more period, so here are a few
recommendations.
1.  Stain - dark stains for some reason make the machines look more period
2.  Sisal rope - More rope
3.  Use a black bungee cord - the greens, red, blues, yellows and
flourescents bungee cords scream bungeelista
4.  Make a simple cranking mechanism for the machine

I hope these ideas help you.  Remember, all the marshals at GW agree, those
machines from GW X are still legal as long as no major modifications were
made (they are grandfathered).

The most feared siege weapon at GW goes to HE Sir Simon with his 5 shot
ballista.  If you are making a new machine or want to modify an existing
machine, I strongly encourage you to consider a multiple shot
ballista/trebuchet/catapult.  I also highly recommend that siege crews
develop a "volley fire" system as the effective Coastal Defenders were
doing.

Once I remember how to update the Siege Weapons page, I have some new
material for everyone.

I remain in your service,
Ld. Lawrence the Rampant of Ram's Isle
DEM Siege Weapons